Monday, September 28, 2009

The Happiest Place in Korea

Grace and some friends decided last-minute to go to Everland, Korea's version of Disneyland or maybe Six Flags, on Saturday night and invited me along. We got there shortly after 7pm and the big attraction, T Express (which goes 140km/hr, or 79mi/hr) closes at 8, and I'm not at all sure why we didn't immediately go there but of course when we did eventually get there it was closed. I think the group didn't know it closed. Anywho, went on a couple of vomit-inducing rides (I was going to describe them but then realized how incredibly hard it is to describe rides), and ate some vomit-inducing food (not really, but I couldn't resist the pun). I told all my students today that I went to Everland on Saturday and they were all angry at me, and then I followed up my news with a test, so they really hated me today, mwahahaha! Ah, the joys of crushing the joys of children...

So my boss reminded me that one of the kids I taught last semester always comes to class in his hopkido clothes, so I asked me where his dojo was. He told me it's near Ori station, which is one subway stop from me, so I'm going to go there some morning this week, if I get up early, and try to find it, or I'll just go Saturday.

Wonderful news: I met a girl who is interested in me, and I share the feeling. One major drawback, however, is that she spends a LOT of time on Saturday and Sunday at church. She wants me to go to all her stuff, but it's in Korean so in refusing it looks like I'm a heathen (which I am, but that's not the point). Her English isn't great, but it seems like it's just rusty from disuse because from Saturday evening when I met her, to Sunday night when we said goodbye, her English had already improved. She's an EMT here, so we can share some stories about nursing and stuff. It's also funny the English she knows from being an EMT, like she knows what a laceration is, but not a scratch, haha. I explained it to her this way: laceration->cut->scratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment