Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Applying to Teach in Korea Again

On Sunday I sent my resume in to http://morganrecruiters.com/ to get a placement in Korea. I've insisted on a job in or near Gangnam, teaching pre-school, kindergarten, elementary, or college, with a 9-5ish schedule. Almost anything else I'll compromise on. I'm pretty excited about the prospect of returning to Korea, but honestly, I've been applying to several jobs in Charleston and will take one of those over teaching in Korea. I've been back for almost a year and would prefer to stay here. If I do go over, however, I think I'm going to switch tracks and go for my M.Ed rather than my MSW. If I go to Charleston I can continue working with http://www.yapinc.org/ and working towards my MSw. Either opportunity sounds great to me, I love teaching and I love counseling. I just really need to get my finances in order so that I can move on to the next stage of my life. I still have that constant feeling that I'm stuck in the rut of debt.

No comments:

Post a Comment