Thursday, January 13, 2011

My prophecies coming true!

For the extremely large amount of readers I have (sarcasm), you may remember back on April 22, 2009, I had a post about my predictions for the cell phone future. In it I said a bunch of crazy things, and one of those is coming true. Here's what I said:

For those of you who don't know what Electronic Ink is, it's a screen that isn't backlight like your normal monitor. Backlit screens are bad for your eyes. Instead, e-ink is used for reading, primarily, or displaying a single image for extended periods of time. The technology doesn't need to maintain the display or image, it just flips the pixels from white to black and they'll stay. Therefore, it consumes very little battery (look up e-ink if my description isn't good, or isn't enough for you).


Now here's the article from the eBook Reader Blog that says it's coming true. Here's the relevant part of the article:

Pixel Qi displays are similar to regular LCD displays like a computer’s screen but are more energy efficient because the backlight can be adjusted and turned off to save on power. In this mode ambient light is used to illuminate the display, making it readable in bright lighting environments.


WAHOO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment