Monday, April 25, 2011

Interview finished, awaiting contact

I had my interview last night, I think it went pretty well. I spoke to the principal, Ms. Kim, and to someone else named Ellie, I forget what her title is though. They both sounded very nice and pleasant, but they were both concerned about my ability to control the kindergarten students in the class I'll be taking over. Apparently the current teacher has asked to transfer to another position and part of the reason is stress due to the kids' high level of activity. I told them I'm not concerned in the least about being able to control them, or keeping up with them. I just hope they can keep up with me, haha! Especially on my new diet (that's for you, Nick).

If I get the position I should be able to contact the current teacher and get lots of extra information from him about how the kids are and where he feels he failed and succeeded. That'll be awesome. Plus I can maybe find out what Ms. Kim most wants from her teachers and try to do that without her asking. And I'll be able to find out about the quality of the apartments, where they're located, how the other teachers are, etc. I may know as early as tonight, but more likely it'll be sometime this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment