Friday, April 22, 2011

Interview pending, still waiting

I have an interview Sunday night at 9:30 with the principal of YBM. I don't want to do an interview on Easter, nor do I want to do one that late since I'll be waking up at about 5am to work at McDonald's (more on McD's later). But I want to get that interview in asap, and that's the time they suggested. As for paperwork, I just got my degree apostilled, still waiting on my CBC to come back. Once I get it I'll have all the requisite paperwork for a visa. I'm hoping it'll come in the mail next week, and I'll know by Monday or Tuesday if I got the job, then I can send them all my stuff to get a visa, and I'll know when I'll be leaving. Being in limbo is weird and a little difficult. I'm not very focused on what's going on here, and I'm too preoccupied with moving to Korea. For instance, I was just googling about living in Korea. I've lived there before, I know what to expect, I'm clearly wasting my fleeting moments here and dreaming about being there already. When I do finally move, I'll be dreaming about America and wasting my fleeting moments in Korea.

I've finally given up on getting full-time hours at YAP. I dropped all but one 10-hour client, and I've been working at McDonald's 30 hours/week. I started there on the 4th. I really am enjoying working at McD's, it's not difficult work, I'm not responsible for the wellbeing of others, and I'm getting paid more than minimum wage and could work 40 hours/week if I wanted. The management there is quick to correct you, which is ok except I'll do something right 99 times, then the 100th time I'll do it incorrect because there is something more important to do, and I'll get corrected for that but not praised for the 99 times. Or, I'll do it correct always, and they don't see it but assume I need correcting, so they will. Oh well, it's a job, and I'm happy to be doing it. I've also found that by serving others, even by getting paid to serve others, and doing it with a joyful heart, I'm drawing closer to God. I'm more humble and loving towards my family and friends, and I find praying to be much easier. I must remember this lesson.

If I get the teaching job in Korea and I start on June 1st, they'll probably have me training May 30-31. Hopefully they'll fly me out there the Friday before on the 27th, but if not then I'm going to request it so I can have more days to adjust to the time difference. That means I'll need to stop working at both of my jobs around May 13th so I can have the last 2 weeks in America to visit everyone in Charleston and Myrtle Beach, and it looks like I'll have to visit my dad in Missouri because he can't fly out here at the moment. 2 weeks will have to be enough time to do all that, plus prepare everything I need for Korea. I'm not worried, just very excited, but anxious just the same to be leaving my friends and family again.

No comments:

Post a Comment