Saturday, May 16, 2009

Teacher's Day Swag

After lunch at Outback, a foreign teacher mentioned having a competition to see who got the most gifts for Teacher's Day. A Korean teacher said that'd be a good idea, and then we realized that the Korean teachers would get the most because they're homeroom teachers and call the parents all the time. So, we decided that homeroom teachers couldn't compete. There wasn't much interest in having a competition, but it was an interesting idea, and after the first class I think everyone else gave up anyway.

By the end of the first class I already had two handfuls of stuff. My second class gave me so much swag that I had to carry it to my desk in two trips. Needless to say, I won. Here's a picture of all the swank junk I got. You can see two mugs, multiple boxes of cookies and chocolates, a loaf of sweet bread, some shampoo and conditioner, cappuccino (me and Grace got an 8-pack of them, but shared them with the other teachers), soaps, mentos, mints, cards, and carnations. Carnations are the traditional Teacher's Day gift, and I got real ones, fake ones, pens with Carnations on them, carnation candies, etc. Apparently I'm the best teacher in the world.

Also pictured are some police officers jumping rope, and a special drink served only in Seoul.

No comments:

Post a Comment