Friday, November 13, 2009

Happy Late Pepero Day!

November 11th, known to the rest of the world as a little holiday called "Veteran's Day," is Bbaebbaelo (pronounced something like pepelow) Day. A Bbaebbaelo is a lot like a long, very thin, cookie, covered in chocolate at one end. It reminds me of an anorexic bread stick from Olive Garden. The irony of the day was not lost on my students as I explained to them what Veteran's Day is, and how silly it seems to be passing out long, thin cookies on that day.

Also, yesterday (today for most of you) was Friday the 13th, and my students also appreciated the fact that the killer's name in those movies is the same as mine. They were also very well-behaved that day after my numerous death threats were finally taken serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment