Tuesday, November 17, 2009

This is what a witch's teat feels like

It's cold here. Witch's teat kind of cold. Open a tin can with my nipples kind of cold. Don't sit down on the toilet kind of cold.

The wind chill here is -6C, or 21F. For you Charlestonians and MBers, that's colder than the coldest night in January...and it's mid-November. The average low in January here is -6C, with a light wind that quickly gets to -10C, or in the low teens. I started a fire in my apartment to stay warm. I then sacrificed small woodland creatures on it to appease some strange god. I then ate those small woodland sacrifices to appease my stomach. Nothing worked. I'm still cold.

Nah, it's not really all that bad with a few layers and the heated flooring in my apartment. But it is seriously cold on any exposed skin. I got here in late February and was generally doing ok with what I brought, but now the temperature is becoming even colder, and I have to walk further on a daily basis because of moving. I need to buy some thin sweaters to add another layer, and some wool socks and maybe some warmer gloves (pockets also work), but I'll be fine.

1 comment:

  1. DUDE! I KNOW! It is so freeking cold here too. Today was SO COLD (around 30F) and it was wet/ misty raining all day. I was wearing an undershirt, shirt and hoodie jacket and my nips were still stabbing thru. It was freeking BONE chilling cold today. I half expected to take off my shoes and my toes be black and dead.

    we bought new coats, gloves, and ear muffs today...and another heater.

    ReplyDelete