Sunday, April 5, 2009

Cherry Blossom Pics

The pictures I took this evening around sunset. I'm getting pretty excited about the Cherry Blossom Festival.

Sorry about the pictures, they look right when I'm writing the blog but when I view it they look all screwed up.  Anyway, last night I started coughing and feeling sick again. I slept about 11 hours and didn't even hear my alarm for church. I've felt better all day today, so hopefully it was something minor. Technically I'm still not over the previous bug I caught so I'd like to avoid having two at once.

I finally ate real sushi today.  I've realized that the first thing I thought was sushi was actually kim bap, and is seaweed, rice, and assorted stuff, depending on what you order, but usually carrot, egg, crab meat, lettuce, etc.  People eat it pretty frequently, and it's a pretty common food to take on a picnic or while camping or hiking.  Then, I thought I had sushi but turns out it was some fast food junk that I don't really plan on eating again.  So today, I finally ate real sushi.  It had the conveyor belts and everything.  I ended up spending W18,000, or $14, and I only ate the cheaper stuff. 

For those of you who don't know how these kind of sushi places work, you sit down at a bar and there are conveyoy belts in front of you.  There may be one, or two, or more, but usually not many more or you can't reach the ones in the back.  The sushi chefs make stuff and as something you want passes in front of you, you grab it.  The plates are color-coded so your bill is determined by how many blue plates you have, white plates, green plates, etc.  If you want something that they aren't making, you just ask, and then they hand it to you after they've made it.  There were a bunch of different kinds of sushi, and it's really cool to pick things based on what they look like, not on what they sound like in a menu.  I can see myself spending a lot of time (and money) in there if I'm not careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment