Saturday, April 4, 2009

Cherry Blossoms


Cherry blossoms are the most popular tree in Korea and Japan.  There's a Cherry Blossom festival every Spring in downtown Seoul.  I'm going with Grace and her family next Saturday.  I'm pretty excited about it, and about getting lots of pictures.  I have no idea what all happens, but I imagine there are a lot of beautiful trees.  Anyway, the trees in Juk Jeon just blossomed today, and as I was walking tonight I got some photos.  Unfortunately, they aren't all that clear.  I tried to get the moon through the branches, but it didn't show  up.  Then, I tried to get a cross through the branches and again it didn't show up.  I'm going to try again tomorrow, before it gets totally dark, but for now this is all I have.  

For your reading pleasure, I here submit some haikus.
1:
Seen through branches your mercy
Glints off car windows
Among the growing moonlight
2:
Waxing moon speeds us towards
Your resurrection
The blooming of salvation
3:
Cherry blossoms dance off her
Strolling through orchards
Her back is all I will see

No comments:

Post a Comment